Sunday 7 December 2008

maybe one day...

many years ago now, too many to mention but enough to make her alarmingly prescient, a friend who was leaving for different climes gave me a goodbye card which contained a piece of artwork, which I still own. The paper was divided in two, diagonally, and one side had a 'conventional' scene- and the other was coloured black with fireworks and zingy zappy cartoony type symbols. Her written message encouraged me not to allow the conventional side of my character to suppress the less conventional. I considered myself diligently conventional, so thought she was wrong- but thanked her for the thought, and the time she had taken over my gift.



I realised this week she was right all along, and evidently understood me better than I did myself.



Three times this week I have been grocery shopping, this song has come on the various supermarket radio stations,and each time I looked around hopefully for someone else to "get it".

Maybe one day...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hYn_4yuhc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to be the one to start it! I'd sing along and dance with you!!

batterseaexile said...

oh I know you would, Jan!