Tuesday 9 December 2008

blogging at 5am

is what happens when you wake up at 4am with a raging sore throat, a temperature, a brain that won't switch off, and a general feeling of blah. Radio 4 is still broadcasting the world service, jolly folk that they are, but they're not John Humphrys or the rest of the Today programme bunch, it's cold but I'm too hot to put the heating on, I've knocked back so much echinacea and vitamin C that to consume more would be disastrous to my digestive system, and I feel broken. And I want to be better, and to feel better NOW!

I'm getting better at it, but, like Katy Carr in What Katy Did, patience is not one of my natural virtues.

So, to cheer self up, I went hunting for virtual fresh air and space and tranquility. Anyone want to come too?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/dec/08/budget-hostels-uk-ireland

1 comment:

Rachel JL said...

Well of course I want to go! Just find some kind soul to sponsor my plane ticket, and I'm there. ;-)