Friday 11 July 2008

bother, bother, bother


...such was the cry of one of my (once) very small charges, Joel. When anything went wrong for him, he would mutter 'bother, bother, bother' very softly. If the situation proved critical, we might be treated to an 'OH.....' prefacing the cry of despair. I've employed the phrase several times today. I despise incompetence; before I left home this morning I had conversations with two organisations who had failed to deliver services they had promised, failure due entirely to their inefficiency.


This evening I was playing around online,and went hunting for news of my favourite building on the planet, currently under threat: Battersea Power Station. Unused for years, victim of several failed attempts to rejuvenate the area, it falls slowly into disrepair. Concrete rot is damaging the iconic chimneys. Looking for word on the latest bid to redevelop, I came across the fact that a public consultation meeting takes place in London tomorrow- with a tour of the building included for those who attend. Too late.


A case of 'OOOOOOOOOHHHHH bother, bother, bother'.


hey ho!


No comments: